The video above was produced and generously donated by FOCUS Springfield and highlights some of the progress our City has made since the June 2011 tornado. It also brings a message of rebirth of a community and demonstrates the important partnerships we share in working toward a strong and vibrant future.
DevelopSpringfield has several programs and projects underway to help contribute to our redevelopment in tornado impacted areas and beyond. Please explore the links on our website for details and feel free to contact us at any time.
Our services target economic and community redevelopment and focus on the following activities:
- Building, developing, preserving and managing quality development projects that diversify Springfield’s economic base.
- Improving abandoned or undeveloped land or blighted areas to accommodate new development, and redeveloping underused or decadent buildings.
- Working in partnership with the City to optimize its physical assets in order to achieve maximum economic growth and expansion.
- Developing and implementing creative revitalization strategies that have a high probability of success in the context of prevailing market conditions and broader community needs.
- Facilitating land assembly and development to support sound residential, commercial and industrial development opportunities.
- Offering technical and financing assistance in order to encourage private investment and nurture economic development.
- Working with public and private entities and community groups to initiate and realize effective, sustainable and fiscally responsible development and redevelopment projects that revitalize neighborhoods, generate capital investment, retain and create jobs, and advance economic growth.
Board of Directors
Nicholas Fyntrilakis, Vice President Community Responsibility
MassMutual Financial Group
Melinda Phelps, Esquire
J. Jeffrey Sullivan, EVP & Chief Operating Officer
Gary Fialky, Esquire
Jose Claudio, Community Development and Relations Director
New North Citizen’s Council
|Steven F. Bradley, Vice President of Government & Community Relations and Public Affairs
|Armando Feliciano, Chairman
Springfield Redevelopment Authority
|Frank Crinella, Senior Vice President, Commercial Loans
|Robert "Cee" Jackson, President/Owner
Jackson Security Company
|M. Dale Janes, Chief Executive Officer
NUVO Bank and Trust Co.
|Susan Renee Johnson, Customer Response Center Manager
Liberty Mutual Group
|Brian Connors, Deputy Director of Economic Development
City of Springfield
|Michael Vedovelli, Regional Director
Massachusetts Office of Business
|Glenn S. Welch, President & Chief Executive Officer
|Kelvin Molina, Community Engagement Coordinator
|Andrea Luppi, Manager Communications & Community Relations
Columbia Gas of Massachusetts
|Doug Macmillan, President
MacMillan and Son, Inc. Realtors